[asterisk-users] BLF and notifyringing in Asterisk 11

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Tue May 27 10:58:48 CDT 2014

> Unfortunately, notifyringing is only set in the [general] section in
> sip.conf. It does not have a peer level override.
>
> It would be nice if it was set on a peer by peer basis - that would be
> a useful improvement.
>
> --
> Matthew Jordan
> Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org

Matt,

Can you clarify exactly what it should do in the case of a queue call?
Again, my scenario is that I have a queue that is using the ringall
strategy. I have ringinuse enabled as the main person may want to end
their call and pick up the new call. However, when I set notifyringing to
no, if no one is on a call, the phones indicate ringing as normal. If even
one of the people in the queue are on a call, all of the phones light up
as in use instead of the ones on a call being in use and the others
showing ringing.

Based on what you said above, I suspect that the code is looking at all
the phones that are being run for this call and deciding on a global basis
how to indicate the ringing/in use status. Would that be correct?

Short of a code change, is there any way you can see to do what I want?