[asterisk-users] Disabling QSIG Encoding in LibPRI

Armen K armeniki at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 19:05:20 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,
I was referred to this mailing list by Richard Mudgett regarding the following thread on Issue Tracker as it's a feature request and not a bug:https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/PRI-170
We've got a Nortel BCM (actually 2 BCM50s and 1 BCM400)... all showing the same problem.
When a call comes in the number shows up OK but the name does not.  In looking at the ISDN messages coming in, we've noticed that the Facility IE for the name has been QSIG encoded.  However, the BCMs don't understand this encoding and as a result the name does not come through.
Basically, I need to figure out how to disable the encoding so the Facility IE for caller name comes through without being encoded (in other words without the AA 06 80 01 00 82 01 00 bytes being placed between the 9F and 8B bytes.
For example:9F 8B 01 00 A1 0E 02 01 08 02 01 00 80 06 4D 61 20 42 65 6C 6C
Cheers,Armen