[asterisk-users] SMS Capabilities

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Sun May 18 21:33:41 CDT 2014

On Friday 16 May 2014, Jayson Devor wrote:
> Just amazing! A thing of beauty yeah? We will be going with the following
> card:
>
> http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-g400p4-p-1150.html
>

> Hope setup and configuration will go easy?
>
> Jayson

I've installed a few of these cards, on Debian or Ubuntu using Asterisk and
Dahdi compiled from Source Code, and it's always gone smoothly.

Note that the Chan_extra driver for the OpenVox card applies patches to your
Asterisk and Dahdi sources, which it expects to be somewhere under /usr/src/;
and you may need to read the OpenVox forum at
http://bbs.openvox.cn/
if you have a really new version with a change that OpenVox haven't
anticipated; but when you do get it installed, it Just Works™.  There's a beta
version of chan_extra linked from the forum which I haven't been able to try
yet.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .