[asterisk-users] Ringing issue

Tue May 13 09:28:26 CDT 2014

You would need to provide more information. Mobiles and landlines are
not SIP and yet you say calls are coming into your asterisk over SIP. So
what or who is doing the translation?

Initial thoughts are that it could be you are sending back SIP/180 with
no session progress and indicating ringing but the other end is
misconfiguration and not generating its own ring tone. This is possible
if you have multiple providers sending you calls or one provider using
different kit for different geographic areas.