[asterisk-users] Multicast RTP

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Fri May 9 08:11:21 CDT 2014

--

It's annoying that Polycom seems to not include obvious features like
allowing someone to hide the softkey for paging so only certain phones have
the ability to do it.  I guess the same goes for accepting true multicast
RTP.  In any case, I'm at a new job and I'm thinking the Asterisk server
may be a bit under-powered for paging a bit north of 100 users.  This is
more for day-to-day paging and not just emergencies, so it gets a bit more
use, but right now I'm looking into this as something to do more than a
pressing need, so maybe tweaks can be made elsewhere or hardware can/should
be updated since we'll probably be sticking with the Asterisk-based
solution unless I get really crazy and capture the packets the Polycoms are
sending out for their paging feature and see if I can't implement that
within Asterisk to have Polycom-compliant multicast.