[asterisk-users] CONNECTEDLINE(name) ISDN problem

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Mar 13 14:12:08 CDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM, jg <webaccounts at jgoettgens.de> wrote:

> When I set CONNECTEDLINE() info for an incoming ISDN call, the calling
> party sees only CONNECTEDLINE(num) and the name does not get displayed.
> Some time ago I called a number, where I did get back a name and a number
> and everything was displayed correctly. So I think the calling site should
> basically be able to handle all connected line info.
>
> Looking at a pcap trace of the D-channel data, I see that
> CONNECTEDLINE(num) maps to the connected number information element and
> CONNECTEDLINE(name) to the display element. The pcap trace does actually
> contain my CONNECTEDLINE(name) plus a leading byte with a value of 0xB1 (or
> \261 in octal notation). This additional byte is part of the announced
> string length. Now I wonder, whether this byte is causing the trouble.
>
> Does anybody know what this leading byte is actually doing there?

AFAIK, It is some kind of character set code.  That byte is intentionally
put there for
switches that are not Q.SIG or ETSI.  Technically, the display IE is only
to be sent
from the network to the user.  So sending it to the network is undefined
and switch
dependent.

Connected line name support is fully supported only by Q.SIG since it
actually
defines how to pass the name.  Using the display IE is a defacto standard
but
is only really going to work in the network to user direction.

Richard