[asterisk-users] CONNECTEDLINE(name) ISDN problem

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Mar 13 14:31:42 CDT 2014

> AFAIK, It is some kind of character set code.  That byte is intentionally put there for
> switches that are not Q.SIG or ETSI.  Technically, the display IE is only to be sent
> from the network to the user.  So sending it to the network is undefined and switch
> dependent.
Got it. The single instance where I saw a string on the display was when I called my telco's
technical support.

> Connected line name support is fully supported only by Q.SIG since it actually
> defines how to pass the name.  Using the display IE is a defacto standard but
> is only really going to work in the network to user direction.
Too bad, I was already dreaming of offering some customers a few nifty features, like greetings,
email addresses for further contacts, booking confirmation numbers for hotels, etc...

I shall still go through all the charset options to see whether there is any effect. Meanwhile I
managed to get a pcap trace of a calling device and the display element is not at all present. I
guess they are filtering it out.

Thank you, Richard.

jg