[asterisk-users] CONNECTEDLINE(name) ISDN problem

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Mar 13 13:42:11 CDT 2014

When I set CONNECTEDLINE() info for an incoming ISDN call, the calling party sees only
CONNECTEDLINE(num) and the name does not get displayed. Some time ago I called a number, where I
did get back a name and a number and everything was displayed correctly. So I think the calling
site should basically be able to handle all connected line info.

Looking at a pcap trace of the D-channel data, I see that CONNECTEDLINE(num) maps to the
connected number information element and CONNECTEDLINE(name) to the display element. The pcap
trace does actually contain my CONNECTEDLINE(name) plus a leading byte with a value of 0xB1 (or
\261 in octal notation). This additional byte is part of the announced string length. Now I
wonder, whether this byte is causing the trouble.

Does anybody know what this leading byte is actually doing there?

jg