[asterisk-users] Early media recognition

David Pinedo dpinedo at presenceco.com
Fri Jun 27 04:00:47 CDT 2014

Hello,

Throwing calls from Asterisk to PSTN (via a VoIP gateway) some operators
sends an explaining audio, in situations as:
The phone number does is not assigned
The phone is powered off
etc.
The audio is sent before the call to be answered.
So, in an automatic dialling application I'd like to recognize that audio
to know what to do with those calls (queue them to a service, mark as wrong
number, unavailable, etc.).

Does Asterisk have any functionality to recognize the audio in early media
(similar to the answer machine detection)?

Is  there a way to record the audio in early media to implement my own
early media detector?

Thank you in advance

---
David Pinedo