[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 AMI Hold Event

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jun 11 14:35:26 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM, David Huebner <
david.huebner at bolderthinking.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to capture when a call is placed on and removed from being on
> hold through the AMI in Asterisk 12.3.  In previous versions, the Hold
> event contained a 'Status' field which indicated if the call was going 'On'
> or 'Off' hold.  However, in 12 not only am I not seeing the Status field,
> but I am not seeing any AMI Hold event that corresponds to removing the
> call from Hold.
>
> Is this the intended behavior, or am I missing something in how the call's
> hold status should be tracked via the AMI?

This was changed in v12.  There is a Hold and an Unhold event.
Events no longer have a subevent type field.  Instead there are
separate events.  e.g., DialBegin/DialEnd, Hold/Unhold,
MusicOnHoldStart/MusicOnHoldStop, etc.

See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+AMI+Events

Richard