[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 AMI Hold Event

David Huebner david.huebner at bolderthinking.com
Wed Jun 11 13:35:10 CDT 2014

I'm trying to capture when a call is placed on and removed from being on hold through the AMI in Asterisk 12.3.  In previous versions, the Hold event contained a 'Status' field which indicated if the call was going 'On' or 'Off' hold.  However, in 12 not only am I not seeing the Status field, but I am not seeing any AMI Hold event that corresponds to removing the call from Hold.

Is this the intended behavior, or am I missing something in how the call's hold status should be tracked via the AMI?

Thanks!
David Huebner