[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 AMI Hold Event

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Wed Jun 11 14:42:13 CDT 2014

Generally in the UPGRADE.txt file which came in the tarball.   A pretty version is here https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+12

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Richard Mudgett
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:35 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 AMI Hold Event

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM, David Huebner <david.huebner at bolderthinking.com<mailto:david.huebner at bolderthinking.com>> wrote:
I'm trying to capture when a call is placed on and removed from being on hold through the AMI in Asterisk 12.3.  In previous versions, the Hold event contained a 'Status' field which indicated if the call was going 'On' or 'Off' hold.  However, in 12 not only am I not seeing the Status field, but I am not seeing any AMI Hold event that corresponds to removing the call from Hold.

Is this the intended behavior, or am I missing something in how the call's hold status should be tracked via the AMI?

This was changed in v12.  There is a Hold and an Unhold event.
Events no longer have a subevent type field.  Instead there are
separate events.  e.g., DialBegin/DialEnd, Hold/Unhold,
MusicOnHoldStart/MusicOnHoldStop, etc.
See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+AMI+Events

Richard