[asterisk-users] Want Queues to ignore mobile operators voice mails and continue ringing...?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 07:10:04 CST 2014

On Friday 14 Feb 2014, Tiago Geada wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> How does one detect the 'divert' to voicemail?
>
> Say we have PRI lines and as wel as SIP Trunks to connect to mobile phones.
> How can asterisk know if the call is being diverted??

It can't.

But you know  (from the STD code)  whether the call is being made to a mobile
or land line; and you can have a good guess how long the mobile telco's
voicemail timeout is.  So as long as your Dial() to the mobile phone times out
sooner than the mobile network rings out for before deciding that nobody is
going to answer, *your* voicemail will win.

This will break if somebody reduces their voicemail timeout from the default;
but hardly anybody ever changes the default settings in practice.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.