[asterisk-users] How to Busy signals on DAHDI

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Tue Feb 4 11:22:06 CST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On a Asterisk 1.6.1 powered system, I've just discovered that using
> Busy() application in dialplan was no enough to send a Busy signal on
> incoming Dahdi channel.
>
> On this specific install, adding an Answer()) and a Playtone() statement
> in dialplan triggered sending of busy tone but I'm still surprised by my
> findings.
>
> Should I expect public switch to send a Busy tone to caller whenever
> Asterisk triggers Busy app or did I miss something ?

It depends upon what kind of DAHDI channel.  If it is an analog FXS/FXO
port then
you have to answer for the busy tone to be heard by the caller because as
far as the
telco is concerned it delivered a call to a non-busy line.  If it is an ISDN
channel then it depends upon what you have the priindication option set
to.  With
priindication=outofband then a busy cause code is sent to the network and
the call
is hung up.  With priindication=inband then a busy tone is sent after a
possible
PROGRESS message.

Richard