[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 - queue variables not passed to local channel

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Fri Aug 22 12:04:28 CDT 2014

Asterisk 12.5

I'm using AMI to initiate a "call me now" feature from the web site.
The AMI looks like:
Action: Originate
Channel: Local/s at callmenow
Context: dial-to-customer
Exten: s
Async: true
Variable: CHANNEL_TO_CUSTOMER=SIP/voipms/1112223333
Timeout: 999999

Dial Plan:
[callmenow]
exten => s,1,NoOp(callmenow: Queue without answer)
   same =>n,Queue(sales,Rtc)

[dial-to-customer]
exten => s,1,NoOp(dial-to-customer channel=${CHANNEL(name)})
   same =>n,DumpChan()

The dial-to-customer context is invoked when the sales queue agent
answers the phone.

When the local channel is used, the queue related variables,
specifically MEMBERINTERFACE, are missing.  When a normal call
(typically SIP or DAHDI channel) enters the queue, the MEMBERINTERFACE
and other variables are present.

my queues.conf has
setinterfacevar = yes
setqueueentryvar = yes
setqueuevar = yes ;

I didn't see anything in the V12 doc that related to this.

Is this a bug or a feature?

--

Mitch