[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 - queue variables not passed to local channel

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Fri Aug 22 12:30:44 CDT 2014

> Asterisk 12.5
>
> I'm using AMI to initiate a "call me now" feature from the web site.
> The AMI looks like:
> Action: Originate
> Channel: Local/s at callmenow
> Context: dial-to-customer
> Exten: s
> Async: true
> Variable: CHANNEL_TO_CUSTOMER=SIP/voipms/1112223333
> Timeout: 999999
>
> Dial Plan:
> [callmenow]
> exten => s,1,NoOp(callmenow: Queue without answer)
>    same =>n,Queue(sales,Rtc)
>
> [dial-to-customer]
> exten => s,1,NoOp(dial-to-customer channel=${CHANNEL(name)})
>    same =>n,DumpChan()
>
> The dial-to-customer context is invoked when the sales queue agent
> answers the phone.
>
> When the local channel is used, the queue related variables,
> specifically MEMBERINTERFACE, are missing.  When a normal call
> (typically SIP or DAHDI channel) enters the queue, the MEMBERINTERFACE
> and other variables are present.
>
> my queues.conf has
> setinterfacevar = yes
> setqueueentryvar = yes
> setqueuevar = yes ;
>
> I didn't see anything in the V12 doc that related to this.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?

I haven't done what you are looking to do exactly, but I think I
understand where you are going with this.

Take a look at this link:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+local+channels

I think if you add a /n to your local channel, it might do what you want.
>From reading this, it looks like the local channel is being optimized out
and causing you to lose some of your variables that you had set. So, in
your AMI,
change this: Channel: Local/s at callmenow
to this: Channel: Local/s at callmenow/n
and see if that gets you what you are looking for. I bet the local channel
has the MEMBERINTERFACE variable and it gets lost when optimized out.