[asterisk-users] Asterisk -rx, how expensive is it? Should you avoid "spamming" it?

Mikael Fredin mikael at wiraya.com
Thu Apr 24 05:20:37 CDT 2014

Just like the subject sais - how expensive is it to execute a lot of these
commands to keep track of different things in asterisk?

I have avoided doing this because it feels a bit like a risk to spam the
asterisk CLI this way, but is it really?

CPU-wise it doesn't seem very expensive to do it 100 times a second (from a
simple test I did), but is it possible it will affect the asterisk service
in any other negative way?

Regards,
Mikael