[asterisk-users] Realtime integration: Unregistered clients showing as registered?

Olli Heiskanen ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:27:20 CDT 2014

Hello all,

I've been testing a Kamailio Asterisk Realtime integration, and found a
strange situation.

My problem is that when using the integration, everything seems ok but
Asterisk does not see the clients as registered. Kamailio and the clients
report registered clients. Also calls fail.

In Asterisk cli sip show peers shows nothing but for example realtime load
sipusers name 660 shows the user data. Field regseconds has a value and
fullcontact has value 'sip:660 at 127.0.0.1:5060' (kamailio ip:port as they
are on the same machine).

I have a very simple dialplan:

[general]

[default]
exten => _XXX,1,NoOp(general : Dialed ${EXTEN})
 same => n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},3600,rt)
 same => n,Hangup

Here's more on my problem and background to it, guys on the Kamailio list
helped out but looks like I need to check my Asterisk configuration.
https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.sip-router.org/msg18555.html

My goal is to have all clients in the asterisk database, asterisk (one at
this point, several later) handling the calls and Kamailio as proxy. In
Kamailio I have the WITH_MULTIDOMAIN directive on but I'm using only one
domain 'testers.com'.

I have Asterisk 11.8.1 and Kamailio 4.2.0-dev4 on CentOS 6.5, all are on
the same rental virtual server. Clients are in my home network behind nat.
In MySQL I have database asterisk with table sippeers, where I have clients
added like this:
INSERT INTO sippeers
(name,defaultuser,host,sippasswd,fromuser,fromdomain,callbackextension,type)
VALUES ('660', '660', 'dynamic', 'password', '660', 'testers.com
','660','friend');

In this message there are some outputs and a sip trace of a register:
https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.sip-router.org/msg18558.html

What I don't know is how to configure sip.conf, so far I've just been
making guesses based on online examples and documentation.
My current sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
bindport = 5070
bindaddr = 127.0.0.1
tcpbindaddr = 127.0.0.1:5070
tcpenable = no
limitonpeers = yes
;rtcachefriends = yes
tos_sip=cs3
tos_audio=ef
realm = testers.com

I've tried defining realm and domain values, but I lack proper
understanding of those. Can you guys help me out? Are there any other
configurations I need to check?

Respectfully,
Olli