[asterisk-users] DAHDI loading issue on Asterisk

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Fri Apr 18 15:51:23 CDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM, <steve at vanwambeck.net> wrote:

> Russ,
> I think that got it... I had to make a slight change to the command
> though:
> root at asterisk-pbx:/etc/dahdi# chown -R asteriskpbx:asteriskpbx
> /dev/dahdi
>
> Astersisk is now showing the dahdi and pri commands. I can see channels
> now from the "pri show channels" command. I think I am good to go now.
>
> Thanks for the guidance, have a wonderful weekend!
> Steve

Oh I see, udev must have been setting the ownership to root because the
asterisk user/group doesn't exist on your system.

# DAHDI devices with ownership/permissions for running as non-root
> SUBSYSTEM=="dahdi",             OWNER="asterisk", GROUP="asterisk",
> MODE="0660"

In the dahdi.rules file, change the owner and group on this line to
"asteriskpbx" so this fix will persist through a module reload.

--
Russ Meyerriecks
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer