[asterisk-users] AMI and pyst

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:40:38 CDT 2014

On 14 April 2014 16:34, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone on this list use pyst for AMI purposes?
> >
> > If so, can you point me in the direction of some simple examples. There
> seems to be none anywhere online. Probably doesn't help that I'm not that
> experienced at python but not insurmountably so.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Ish
> >

> Hey Ish -
>
> This isn't directly answering your question, but I noticed no one
> chimed in. At Digium we don't use pyst for Python integration with
> Asterisk, so I don't have any experience with it. We do, however, use
> starpy (https://github.com/asterisk/starpy) extensively in the
> Asterisk Test Suite. It does lock you into using twisted
> (https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/) - which has both pros and cons - but
> it may be a viable alternative for you if pyst doesn't work out.
>
> Matt
>

> Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. I actually chose pyst as Billy Chia said that's what
you guys used when I was at Astricon last year...

Anyway, I overcame my initial hurdle but do want to try out the
alternatives before I commit to one library

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552