[asterisk-users] AMI and pyst

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 14 10:34:56 CDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone on this list use pyst for AMI purposes?
>
> If so, can you point me in the direction of some simple examples. There seems to be none anywhere online. Probably doesn't help that I'm not that experienced at python but not insurmountably so.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Ish

Hey Ish -

This isn't directly answering your question, but I noticed no one
chimed in. At Digium we don't use pyst for Python integration with
Asterisk, so I don't have any experience with it. We do, however, use
starpy (https://github.com/asterisk/starpy) extensively in the
Asterisk Test Suite. It does lock you into using twisted
(https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/) - which has both pros and cons - but
it may be a viable alternative for you if pyst doesn't work out.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager