[asterisk-users] Asterisk high load when streaming MOH

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Fri Sep 20 07:28:17 CDT 2013

Hi list,

I've always about 50 concurrent SIP callers listening to several MOH
streams (fed via mpg123) on Asterisk 11.4.0, 4x 2.2 GHz and the CPU
usage is always at about 250% causing stuttering of the streams and
delays when using Read() and Playback() (overall everything is just
really slow/delayed). I've seen Asterisk doing that when the MOH stream
that was fed via mpg123 was down... then it will just go nuts. But I'm
pretty sure that all streams are active (checked via strace). My
question is what would be the best way to look at the internals of
Asterisk to really find out what exactly is causing that high CPU load?

Thank you!
Markus