[asterisk-users] Asterisk high load when streaming MOH

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Fri Sep 20 08:17:57 CDT 2013

Sometimes I see something similar on my systems when several (3 or more) MOH streams are fed by
mpg123. Suddenly some or all streams are stuttering, but the CPU load doesn't seem to go up
significantly.

Have you looked at what is happening with the receive queue of mpg123 (pgrep mpg123 and netstat
-t -p)?

I have written a small daemon for myself that watches the receiving tcp streams and if nothing
seems to be happening, simply touches musiconhold.conf and issues an "asterisk -rx \"moh
reload\"". Not nice, but it works, eventually. When I listen to the same music streams I find
that they are not as stable as one would wish, at least at a time scale of several hours.

When using several moh file classes, I have never hat audio problems.

jg