[asterisk-users] issue after install dahdi

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Wed Oct 23 11:54:53 CDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Salaheddine Elharit <
salah.elharit200 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> the issue has been solved after change the span from span =1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> to span =1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> thanks for everyone

Salaheddine,

Just a comment here: I'm not sure who your spans are connected to but, it
is highly unlikely that this changed is what fixed your problem. I think
it's more likely that the process of reloading something else actually
fixed it. What you are doing here is telling span 1 to provide (or ignore)
timing to the other end. If it's the case that you're connected to a public
e1 pri provider, this probably isn't the correct configuration and will
likely cause further problems like slips and alarms. If it's connected to
something internal to your business, (like a channel bank), then it's fine.

--
Russ Meyerriecks
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer