[asterisk-users] Asterisk-12 issue after successful installation

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 22 17:25:08 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>wrote:

> On Monday 21 October 2013, virendra bhati wrote:
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > I have installed asterisk-12 Beta but when I try to asterisk start then
> get
> > below issue.
> >
> > *[root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]# asterisk  -r
> > asterisk: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > [root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]#*
>
> Did you build it yourself from Source Code, or did you install someone
> else's
> pre-compiled package?  If the latter, the packager may have omitted a
> dependency.  It happens from time to time.  You probably need to install a
> -
> dev or -devel package  (what distro are you running?)
>
> What do you get for
> # ldd /usr/sbin/asterisk
> ?

Hello -

libjansson is now a required library. Please see the build system changes
in the UPGRADE notes [1] or on the wiki [2]. Note: if you have not yet read
the upgrade notes and the list of changes, please do so before installing
and running Asterisk 12. Please :-)

Note that if your distro doesn't have a package of libjansson (or, more
accurately, libjansson-dev{el}), you can download a source tarball and
install it [3]. The install_prereq script [4] should also take care of it
for you.

[1] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/12/UPGRADE.txt

[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+12

[3] http://www.digip.org/jansson/