[asterisk-users] Asterisk-12 issue after successful installation

bobs bobs at itproscorp.net
Tue Oct 22 18:37:06 CDT 2013

Never when the sky is half full.

-----Original message-----
From: Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
Sent: Tue 22-10-2013 18:26
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk-12 issue after successful installation

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM, A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
On Monday 21 October 2013, virendra bhati wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have installed asterisk-12 Beta but when I try to asterisk start then get
> below issue.
>
 > *[root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]# asterisk  -r
> asterisk: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot
 > [root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]#*

Did you build it yourself from Source Code, or did you install someone else's
pre-compiled package?  If the latter, the packager may have omitted a
dependency.  It happens from time to time.  You probably need to install a -
dev or -devel package  (what distro are you running?)

What do you get for
# ldd /usr/sbin/asterisk
?

 Hello -

 libjansson is now a required library. Please see the build system changes in the UPGRADE notes [1] or on the wiki [2]. Note: if you have not yet read the upgrade notes and the list of changes, please do so before installing and running Asterisk 12. Please :-)

 Note that if your distro doesn't have a package of libjansson (or, more accurately, libjansson-dev{el}), you can download a source tarball and install it [3]. The install_prereq script [4] should also take care of it for you.

 [1] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/12/UPGRADE.txt

 [2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+12

 [3] http://www.digip.org/jansson/

 [4] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/12/contrib/scripts/install_prereq