[asterisk-users] Asterisk-12 issue after successful installation

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 07:59:00 CDT 2013

On Monday 21 October 2013, virendra bhati wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have installed asterisk-12 Beta but when I try to asterisk start then get
> below issue.
>
> *[root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]# asterisk  -r
> asterisk: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot
> [root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]#*

Did you build it yourself from Source Code, or did you install someone else's
pre-compiled package?  If the latter, the packager may have omitted a
dependency.  It happens from time to time.  You probably need to install a -
dev or -devel package  (what distro are you running?)

What do you get for
# ldd /usr/sbin/asterisk
?

--