[asterisk-users] IVR integration with third party application Help wanted

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Oct 20 17:19:12 CDT 2013

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013, Notify Me wrote:

> From what I'm being told, its some sort of pension (financial)
> organization, customers are supposed to be able to manage their accounts
> over the phone.

That still leaves a lot unsaid. How far does 'manage their accounts'
extend? I can see 'look up my balance' or 'how much money have you lost
for me in the last month' but 'sell this stock and buy that stock' seems
to be outside the 'liability' tolerance of the financial institutions I've
dealt with.

I'd advise writing this application as an AGI to keep all the ugly details
and database access out of the dialplan.

Depending on the depth of the application, I could see 1 AGI for
authentication and then a separate AGI ('I do one thing at a time, I do
it very well, and then I move on*') for each function.

*) Major Charles Winchester, MASH, 1977.

--
Thanks in advance,