[asterisk-users] Call parking issue with Cisco SPA phone

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 10:56:17 CDT 2013

I'm trying to implement call parking with asterisk and Cisco SPA504G phones:

features.conf
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-702
context => parkedcalls

I defined one of the unused keys to park the calls:
Key2:
fnc=sd;ext=700 at 10.0.1.103;vid=1;nme=Park

I also defined two other keys to pickup/unpark the calls:
Key3:
fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=701 at 10.0.1.103

Key4:
fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=702 at 10.0.1.103

Parking using these works smoothly.
I answer the incoming call, press Key2 to park the call. Call is parked, Key3 turns red showing there is a parked call.
If I want to unpark the call, I hit Key3 and the call is unparked.

My problem happens when Key3 and Key4 are idle (no parked calls):

I answer the incoming call and without first parking the car, I hit one of the idle keys (Key3 or Key4), the phone sends a REFER message, and the incoming call hangs up.

I'm trying to find out why the call hangs up and how to prevent that?

Thanks,
Matt