[asterisk-users] two steps when calling from web!

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 03:07:59 CST 2013

On Friday 08 November 2013, akhilesh chand wrote:
> When I calling a number from web, my softphone show me "Answer" and
> "Decline" bottoms, and then I have to click Answer to call the number. it
> seems it is two step to calling the number. If I type the number direct to
> my client softphone, it calls directly the number without show me to choose
> Answer to calling.
> First call connect with client and then come into my screen and showing me
> to choose "Answer" and "Decline".I'm not able to listen ringing sound
> because call is connecting first with client and then connect with my
> softphone.

That's the normal way things work.

If you use Asterisk to set up a call, either through AMI or by means of a call
file, then you have to lift your receiver to set the other end ringing.  (You
can prove this easily enough.)  Even if the phone on your end is a softphone,
you still have to "lift the receiver" by pressing "Answer".

What you really want, is to start your softphone and make it dial the number.
How exactly to do this depends on your setup.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.