[asterisk-users] To queue or not to queue...

Bharat Lalcheta bharatlalcheta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:14:11 CDT 2013

Hii,

If you like to use ringall strategy only, then better use different
ringgroup to fulfill your purpose.

However, as a callcenter aspect, you should think of roundrobin or
leastrecent strategy. It will solve your purpose also and give a better
performance too by resources i.e. hardware and agents.

Regards,

Bharat Lalcheta
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Chad Wallace
<cwallace at lodgingcompany.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:55:45 -0500
> Gregory Malsack <gmalsack at coastalacq.com> wrote:
>
> > > History ~
> > > I recently took a position with a call center. At the time they had
> > > about 50 agents in a call queue. The queue was setup to ringall.
> > > The agents use Eyebeam softphones. Everything is local lan, no
> > > routers, everything connected via Cisco 3600 10/100 switches.
> > >
> > > Now we are up to about 150 agents, and I have kept everything
> > > pretty much the same way for a couple of reasons. However, those
> > > reasons are slowly drifting away and it's become the right time for
> > > me to start questioning some of the previous configuration.
>
> Have you considered switching the strategy to roundrobin or leastrecent?
> You could give it a very low agent timeout (like 5 seconds), so the
> caller doesn't have to wait long if it has to ring a few people.
>

> --
>
> C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
> The Lodging Company
> http://www.lodgingcompany.com/