[asterisk-users] To queue or not to queue...

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:34:11 CDT 2013

Hello Gregory,
I wouldn't say this is a typical scenario for using a ringall queue,
especially if the agent set gets larger and larger. On the other side, a
ringgroup won't solve the issue of ringing all those phones at once.  What
I would be looking into, considered the motivation of your agents, is to
split the system into more than one queue and send the calls randomly to
each queue. If everybody is busy you get out and retry. This should not
impact call answer times as long as you have 30/40 people available per
queue - but your box will handle a fraction of the load and you can easily
partition such a system on multiple boxes.
Just my two cents,
l.

Loway - home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com
Test-drive WombatDialer beta @ http://wombatdialer.com