[asterisk-users] SIP account registration fails after upgrade to 1.8

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Fri Mar 22 20:27:13 CDT 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:46:43 +0000, Jaap Winius wrote:

> Of course, an even better solution would be if Asterisk had a variable
> with which to alter the Call-ID string format so that I could omit the
> IP address. :-)

It turns out that there in a variable that can do exactly that, and is
therefore the solution to this problem: 'fromdomain=<domain_name>'. Once
placed in the [general] section of your sip.conf, Asterisk will generate
Call-IDs for its SIP packets that end with an '@' followed by your chosen
domain name instead of your server's IPv6 address.

Thanks to Rob van der Putten for this solution!

Cheers,

Jaap