[asterisk-users] SIP account registration fails after upgrade to 1.8

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Fri Mar 22 20:00:48 CDT 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:35:16 +0000, Jaap Winius wrote:

> ... For example, if my server sends it a SIP packet with a
> register request and a Call-ID that looks like this:
>
>    Call-ID: 4991f57656d159925b296e5b3b06496b@[2001:888:abcd:1::a]
>
> ... somewhere along they line they end up changing it to this:
>
>    Call-ID: 4991f57656d159925b296e5b3b06496b@[2001:888:ABCD:1::A]

Actually, I have to correct myself here. Not only was the SIP server at
sip.xs4all.nl changing the lower case letters of the IPv6 section in any
Call-IDs to upper case, it was also expanding the addresses, like so:

  Call-ID: 4991f57656d159925b296e5b3b06496b@[2001:888:ABCD:1:0:0:0:A]

So, that SIP server was (and still is as of this writing) actually making
two mistakes instead of just one.

My apologies for not being entirely accurate the first time around.

Cheers,

Jaap