[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP Refer Transfers

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:43:37 CDT 2013

Hi All,

Using Asterisk 1.6.0.28, having to register some Cisco 7940/60 with
SIP firmware 7.4.0.  Most functions work from the phone except blind
transfer (attended transfer from phone works fine and # PBX transfer
works).  Blind transfer from the phone uses SIP Refer method.  I've
seen a bunch of posts about asterisk and SIP Refer, but I can't seem
to find the version that this has been fixed, 1.6.2, 1.8. 1.10?

I would like to stick with the 1.6.x for config continuity but would
upgrade to 1.8 if needed.  Or could updating the Cisco 7940/60 SIP
firmware to 8.x fix this as well?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

JR