[asterisk-users] Extension cant pickup calls but can transfer.

Luis H. Forchesatto luisforchesatto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 05:45:25 CST 2013

I think I found the problem. Better looking the sip_additional.conf file I
noticed that a few extensions didnt had a callgroup and pickgroup
configured, even with the interface appointing otherwise.

I manually configured this options and reloader asterisk and now I'm gonna
test the extensions and see if it works now.

I'll be back with the result soon.

2013/3/8 A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>

> On Thursday 07 March 2013, Luis H. Forchesatto wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I got an extension on my Elastix who cannot pick calls on the other
> > extensions, but It can transfer his calls to the other extensions. When
> > this extension tries to pickup a call pressing *8  it simply does not
> pick
> > it up. Transfering calls works just fine so dtmf may be not the problem.
> >
> > Where should I look?
>
> /etc/asterisk/sip.conf  (if it's s SIP phone); otherwise the corresponding
> configuration file for whatever technology it is using.  Make sure that the
> "pickupgroup" for that extension is the same as the other extensions.  Then
> $ sudo asterisk -x 'reload'  (or enter "reload" in Asterisk CLI)  to apply
> the
> change.
>
> --
> AJS