[asterisk-users] Extension cant pickup calls but can transfer.

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 02:47:45 CST 2013

On Thursday 07 March 2013, Luis H. Forchesatto wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I got an extension on my Elastix who cannot pick calls on the other
> extensions, but It can transfer his calls to the other extensions. When
> this extension tries to pickup a call pressing *8  it simply does not pick
> it up. Transfering calls works just fine so dtmf may be not the problem.
>
> Where should I look?

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf  (if it's s SIP phone); otherwise the corresponding
configuration file for whatever technology it is using.  Make sure that the
"pickupgroup" for that extension is the same as the other extensions.  Then
$ sudo asterisk -x 'reload'  (or enter "reload" in Asterisk CLI)  to apply the
change.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.