[asterisk-users] asterisk with 1000 extensions

Kamlesh Kumar kamlesh_kmr at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:29:07 CST 2013

2013/3/7 Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>

Please don't top-post.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Bharat Lalcheta wrote:

You can use ATA box with pstn phone to reduce cost.

Are you wiring a building where multiple-line SIP gateways make sense?

How about a description of what you are trying to do?

Personally, I like Polycom SIP phones but I don't have to buy 1,000 of them :)

I bet it is a school assignment ... home work or the way you like to call them. However I have a box with 972 peers, no reinvite (but no transcoding), average usage of conference call and other audio mix feature, reaching a max of 60 CPS and an average of 150 channels without problems. The cpu is a double Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz, but it works fine even on the old hardware, a double Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5150  @ 2.66GHz

Leandro,
 This is not school assignment or home work :)  We need to setup in society buildings. Each flat will have SIP extension (hard phone) registered on asterisk server. Calling between SIP extensions is required. No PSTN / ITSP SIP trunking. Just like inter-com feature. One way is to install 1000 IP Phones one at each flatSecondly, install multiple-line SIP gateways with RJ-11 cabling. Is there any other low budget solution for this setup?  Thanks,Kamlesh