[asterisk-users] asterisk with 1000 extensions

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Thu Mar 7 02:44:32 CST 2013

On 7/03/2013, at 9:29 PM, Kamlesh Kumar <kamlesh_kmr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Bharat Lalcheta wrote:
>
> You can use ATA box with pstn phone to reduce cost.
>
> Are you wiring a building where multiple-line SIP gateways make sense?
>
> How about a description of what you are trying to do?
>
> Personally, I like Polycom SIP phones but I don't have to buy 1,000 of them :)
>

> This is not school assignment or home work :)  We need to setup in society buildings. Each flat will have SIP extension (hard phone) registered on asterisk server. Calling between SIP extensions is required. No PSTN / ITSP SIP trunking. Just like inter-com feature.
>
> One way is to install 1000 IP Phones one at each flat
> Secondly, install multiple-line SIP gateways with RJ-11 cabling.
>
> Is there any other low budget solution for this setup?
Your costs will be in the handsets. Yealink make good cheap phones, you need to find a supplier who can do you a great deal on 1000 phones
http://www.yealink.com/product_info.aspx?ProductsCateID=292&CateId=147&BaseInfoCateId=292&Cate_Id=292&parentcateid=147?ProductsCateID=292&CateId=147&BaseInfoCateId=292&Cate_Id=292&parentcateid=147

But I am not sure why you cant use analogue phones and SIP channel banks such as grandstream or USB ones such as Xorcom. The per line cost will come down and you only need telephony grade cabling to the premise. You can get $10 phones which limit the desire of people to walk off with them

The server and setup will cost nothing compared to the handsets