[asterisk-users] asterisk with 1000 extensions

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:10:18 CST 2013

2013/3/7 Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>

> Please don't top-post.
>

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Bharat Lalcheta wrote:
>
>  You can use ATA box with pstn phone to reduce cost.
>>

> Are you wiring a building where multiple-line SIP gateways make sense?
>
> How about a description of what you are trying to do?
>
> Personally, I like Polycom SIP phones but I don't have to buy 1,000 of
> them :)

I bet it is a school assignment ... home work or the way you like to call
them. However I have a box with 972 peers, no reinvite (but no
transcoding), average usage of conference call and other audio mix feature,
reaching a max of 60 CPS and an average of 150 channels without problems.
The cpu is a double Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz, but it works
fine even on the old hardware, a double Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5150  @ 2.66GHz

Leandro