[asterisk-users] Which dahdi/libpri combo for BRI/PtmP ?

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Jun 6 12:51:37 CDT 2013

> On 06/06/2013 05:55 PM, Olivier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to rebuild a system which has 4 BRI ports and is connected to
>> Point-to-multiPoint lines, in a country where telco often "drop lines
>> for energy savings".
>
> I think the dropped D-channel issue should be handled by a very recent
> DAHDI. If there are still issues file a bug. Don't know about PtMP.
I am using ISDN BRI connections for several years now. I have never seen
a problem with down states of the D channel. If there is nothing hooked
up to the S bus it is very likely that the D channel will be down after
a while. When you start the low level driver, the line might still be
down. But when you start Asterisk and DAHDI tries to negotiate a TEI
value, then the line will connect. So far I have never seen a
disconnected state on a BRI-P2MP line while Asterisk is running. To be
precise, I always observed periodic RR frames (typically every 10
seconds) when Asterisk is running for apparently idle lines. I have all
the docs, but I wasn't motivate enough so far to read them and learn
whether disconnected states are possible with active devices.
>> I'm planning to use latest 11.4.0 asterisk version along with dahdi and
>> libpri (no misdn).
>>
>> Which version are recommended for Dahdi and Libpri ?
>
> Probably the very latest you can find. If the latest stable does not
> work for you then try an RC of an upcoming version or get master from
> git.
As I said, any recent version should be fine.

>> My main requirements are, beside having calls coming in and out:
>> - keep a meaningful "pri show spans" status (pri show spans outputs Down
>> when the line is down (cable unplugged, no q921 traffic, ...))
>> - avoid sporadic ERROR messages in logs.
Did you have any problems with the line status?

jg