[asterisk-users] Which dahdi/libpri combo for BRI/PtmP ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 6 14:22:44 CDT 2013

2013/6/6 jg <webaccounts at jgoettgens.de>

> On 06/06/2013 05:55 PM, Olivier wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to rebuild a system which has 4 BRI ports and is connected to
>>> Point-to-multiPoint lines, in a country where telco often "drop lines
>>> for energy savings".
>>>

>> I think the dropped D-channel issue should be handled by a very recent
>> DAHDI. If there are still issues file a bug. Don't know about PtMP.

I think but I'm far from being certain that PtmP lines are the one
concerned by  Telco energy savings.
If someone could shed some light on this, that would be perfect.

>  I am using ISDN BRI connections for several years now. I have never seen
> a problem with down states of the D channel. If there is nothing hooked up
> to the S bus it is very likely that the D channel will be down after a
> while. When you start the low level driver, the line might still be down.
> But when you start Asterisk and DAHDI tries to negotiate a TEI value, then
> the line will connect. So far I have never seen a disconnected state on a
> BRI-P2MP line while Asterisk is running. To be precise, I always observed
> periodic RR frames (typically every 10 seconds) when Asterisk is running
> for apparently idle lines. I have all the docs, but I wasn't motivate
> enough so far to read them

My case is worse : I didn't even try to get the docs ;-)

> and learn whether disconnected states are possible with active devices.
>
>  I'm planning to use latest 11.4.0 asterisk version along with dahdi and
>>> libpri (no misdn).
>>>
>>> Which version are recommended for Dahdi and Libpri ?
>>>

>> Probably the very latest you can find. If the latest stable does not work
>> for you then try an RC of an upcoming version or get master from git.
>>
> As I said, any recent version should be fine.
>

>>  My main requirements are, beside having calls coming in and out:
>>> - keep a meaningful "pri show spans" status (pri show spans outputs Down
>>> when the line is down (cable unplugged, no q921 traffic, ...))
>>> - avoid sporadic ERROR messages in logs.
>>>
>> Did you have any problems with the line status?

Not exactly but I was thinking about tweaks such as *layer1_presence*=ignore
or layer2_persistence=keep_up.
I wonder if the later one, didn't mask current line status.