[asterisk-users] Which dahdi/libpri combo for BRI/PtmP ?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 6 11:21:15 CDT 2013

On 06/06/2013 05:55 PM, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to rebuild a system which has 4 BRI ports and is connected to
> Point-to-multiPoint lines, in a country where telco often "drop lines
> for energy savings".

I think the dropped D-channel issue should be handled by a very recent
DAHDI. If there are still issues file a bug. Don't know about PtMP.

> I'm planning to use latest 11.4.0 asterisk version along with dahdi and
> libpri (no misdn).
>
> Which version are recommended for Dahdi and Libpri ?

Probably the very latest you can find. If the latest stable does not
work for you then try an RC of an upcoming version or get master from git.

> My main requirements are, beside having calls coming in and out:
> - keep a meaningful "pri show spans" status (pri show spans outputs Down
> when the line is down (cable unplugged, no q921 traffic, ...))
> - avoid sporadic ERROR messages in logs.

Guess you have to test.

Regards,
Patrick