[asterisk-users] 2 pretty irritating issues....

Gregory Malsack gmalsack at coastalacq.com
Wed Jul 17 16:11:47 CDT 2013

Hey All ~

1, queue records on fairly unreliable. I would say about 40 - 60 percent
of the queue calls are not being recorded and I'm not sure why. I don't
seem to see any kind of pattern to the failure. I've added a sample of
our queue config at the bottom.

2, cel_pgsql module seems to crash regularly. It seems every time I look
at our asterisk server, the cel_pgsql module is gone. A simple reload
will not bring it back. I have to unload the module and load the module.
I've seen this so many times that I have a cron job now in
/etc/cron.hourly to perform this task. However, that doesn't seem to be
helping because we are still missing a crap load of cel records from the
db. I run the IT for a national call center and people are constantly
asking what happened with a call. So I got sick of checking
/var/log/asterisk/full to explain the entire call flow, so I built a web
interface that connected to the cel database that they could use to find
it for themselves. With the cel_pgsql mod crapping out all the time, I
feel like that was a waste of my time....

Thanks! Look forward to your input...
Gregory Malsack

Ok now for the meat

Asterisk Server
Dell 1950 Dual Quad Core Xeon 2.33ghz
16gb Ram
CentOS 5.8 x86_64
Asterisk 1.8.22.0

Recordings are stored on a separate server via NFS with a 1gb connection

SQL Server
Dell 2950 Dual Dual Core Xeon 2.66ghz
16gb Ram
CentOS 5.8 x86_64

One of our queues.

[Confirmation]
; extension  8666
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
announce-position=no
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=yes
leavewhenempty=no
memberdelay=0
monitor-type=mixmonitor
monitor-format=gsm
penaltymemberslimit=0
periodic-announce-frequency=0
reportholdtime=no
retry=5
ringinuse=no
servicelevel=90
strategy=ringall
timeout=10
timeoutpriority=app
timeoutrestart=no
weight=0
wrapuptime=0

How a call gets to the queue.

exten = 8666,1,NoOp(Confirmation Queue <-> ${CALLERID(all)})
exten = 8666,n,GotoIfTime(${EH_HOURS}?:ehc_closed,s,1)
exten = 8666,n,Set(MONTH=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%b)})
exten = 8666,n,Set(DAY=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%-d)})
exten = 8666,n,Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=${MONTH}/${DAY}/8666-${UNIQUEID})
exten = 8666,n,Set(CDR(userfield)=<a
href=http://pas.coastalacq.loc/recordings/${MONITOR_FILENAME}.gsm>8666-${UNIQUEID}</a>)
exten = 8666,n,Queue(Confirmation)

--