[asterisk-users] analog phone digit delay

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jul 10 12:22:04 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Justin Killen <
jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com> wrote:

>  I have an installation that has analog phones connected via T1 channel
> banks.  I’m getting complaints from users that they will enter a partial
> number (eg 91213), then turn away to get the next few digits, and the
> system will start dialing before they have a chance to put in the rest of
> the dialing string.  Is there a way to increase this delay?  The only use
> these 4 dialing patterns:****
>
> ** **
>
> Internal 3 digit numbers****
>
> 91 XXX XXX XXXX   (for backwards compatibility)****
>
> 9 XXX XXXX (also for compatibility)****
>
> XXX XXXX

The simple switch in chan_dahdi has two hardcoded timeout times for more
digits.
 1) If the digits already dialed match an extension in the dialplan but
could match another extension if more digits are dialed then chan_dahdi
will wait 3 seconds for more digits to arrive.
2) If the digits already dialed do not match any extension in the dialplan
but more digits could match an extension then chan_dahdi will wait 8
seconds for more digits.

The shorter timeout is so the caller won't have to wait too long if the
caller intends to call the shorter dialplan extension.
You need to look at the extension patterns in your dialplan to see where
you have ambiguity between extensions.  Are you using the '.' wildcard?

Richard