[asterisk-users] analog phone digit delay

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Wed Jul 10 14:54:41 CDT 2013

So then, by saying "If the digits already dialed match an extension in the dialplan...wait 3 seconds...", then we're saying that asterisk has found a match, and the match is the bad-extension.  Here is the bad-number context that is included:

[bad-number]
include => bad-number-custom
exten => _X.,1,Noop(bad-number, timeouts: absolute: ${TIMEOUT(absolute)} digit: ${TIMEOUT(digit)} response: ${TIMEOUT(response)})
exten => _X.,n,ResetCDR()
exten => _X.,n,NoCDR()
exten => _X.,n,Progress
exten => _X.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,Progress
exten => _X.,n,Playback(silence/1&cannot-complete-as-dialed&check-number-dial-again,noanswer)
exten => _X.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,Congestion(20)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

So then, what you're saying then is that if I was to remove this include, there would be no match in the dialplan and asterisk will wait for 8 seconds instead of 3?  The next question then is how to accomplish this without using the wildcard (and how to change it in freepbx).

-Justin