[asterisk-users] How to implement "priority queuing" within a single queue ?

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 25 14:13:53 CST 2013

> 1. Have 4 different queues, set penalty value and let each
> caller enter one queue depending on its own priority.

Penalty isn't anything to do with the caller, it's to do with the agent.

We set round robin for our queues.
With penalty=0 for the main members of a queue, to service most of the
calls.
Penalty 50 for a trainee.
Penalty 99 for the supervisor of the queue.

This way the supervisor isn't bothered with the bulk of the calls, only when
the queue is busy does the supervisor get any calls.

Of course this can be done by analysis later, but in realtime the supervisor
can assess why they got the call - assuming they are in close proximinity.
Large queues, different story. We only have 5 members in a queue, so it
works for us.

Alec Davis