[asterisk-users] Integration with Social Media, Email and Web call center

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Jan 24 16:27:20 CST 2013

On 22/01/2013, at 5:27 PM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dears;
>
> Can someone advise me where to find a technology (open source) that let us able to integrate with social media like whatsapp and facebook? And use this in call center (queuing the messages and routing it for agent)?
>
> Anyone give me a light to start?

In the past I've sent calls to an agent in the queue with music on hold that contained a beep every 20 seconds (to remind them they're on a call) and then used the same code I do for screen popping to send them alternative records.  I.E. web page, email, fax etc.  It's stored in the database that that's what they were working on and then when they finished working on it they just hang up or press * to disconnect the call.

That way you can use the standard Asterisk queues and they don't get bothered by anything else while they're working on it.

Facebook might be a little harder as you wouldn't necessarily know when an incoming request came.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)