[asterisk-users] two steps when calling from web!

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Jan 23 10:14:40 CST 2013

Originate is the answer here.  Let’s say your X-lite is SIP/100 and you’re dialing 555-1212.  From the x-lite you dial 555-1212 and Asterisk does a dial command to execute the call.  From the web, we “originate” the call from SIP/100 to 555-1212.  Asterisk makes sure SIP/100 is available then dials the call.

sendcommand( Action => 'Originate',

                                           Channel => "SIP/100",

                                           Exten => 5551212,

                                           Context => 'default',

                                           priority => 1,

                                           Number => 5551212

                                           );

I use this in my office with Apache 1.X and 2.X.