[asterisk-users] two steps when calling from web!

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Wed Jan 23 10:22:00 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

> Originate is the answer here.  Let’s say your X-lite is SIP/100 and you’re
> dialing 555-1212.  From the x-lite you dial 555-1212 and Asterisk does a
> dial command to execute the call.  From the web, we “originate” the call
> from SIP/100 to 555-1212.  Asterisk makes sure SIP/100 is available then
> dials the call.****
>
> sendcommand( Action => 'Originate',****
>
>                                            Channel => "SIP/100",****
>
>                                            Exten => 5551212,****
>
>                                            Context => 'default',****
>
>                                            priority => 1,****
>
>                                            Number => 5551212****
>
>                                            );****
>
> I use this in my office with Apache 1.X and 2.X.

He's already doing an originate invocation. From his email:

fputs($oSocket, "Action: originate\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "Channel: $channel\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "WaitTime: $waitTime\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "CallerId: $callerId\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "Exten: $number\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "Context: $context\r\n");
fputs($oSocket, "Priority: $priority\r\n\r\n");

-Chris

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800